Vessel and Piping Relief Requirements
A pressure vessel may fail because of more than one condition different scenarios. A low pressure separator vessel may be subject to blocked discharge, gas blowbyfrom the high pressure separator, and fire but only one of these failures is assumed to happen at any time. Each pertinent relieving rate must be calculated and the larges size of relief device is used. The typical controlling cases for common vessels and piping are shown below.
1. Production separators – Blocked discharge.
2. Test separators – Blocked discharge.
3. Low pressure separators – Blocked discharge or Gas blowby.
4. Glycol contact tower – Fire.
5. Gas scrubber – Regulator failure.
6. Heat Exchanger – Tube rupture.
7. Compressor scrubber – Fire.
8. Compressor discharge – Blocked discharge.
Categories: Pressure Relief | Tags: blocked discharge, gas blowby, relief | Leave a comment